Believe in Life

Monday, May 22, 2006

This Birthday was full of surprises and 1st-times

Firstly, I should thank each and every one who bothered to drop me an sms. Though it may be a simple act, I guess it means that I am still remembered by you.

So in order of when the smses was received (plus, minus half a hr from the exact date):

1. OSZ
2. LKY
3. CYL
4. NYN
5. YLF
6. Greenie
7. GZ
8. Claire
9. Vee-Loh
10. Mei Ling
11. Jasmin
12. XH
13. Spinkypinkie
14. JH
15. DX
16. WJ
17. XY
18. WWK
19. Chris
20. Jac
21. MY


The imp one didn't arrive, and it bothered me at 1st. But fresh year, fresh beginning. I guess I have better things to look forward to.

My colleagues had lunch with me on Thurs since I was on leave on Fri. I think at my age, words need not be many, but it's seriously the thought that counts. No need for dramatic surprises or hugs...

When we came back, the rest of my colleagues sprang a surprise cake celebration for me. I seriously didn't expect it, for no good reason other than the fact that everyone seems busy with the accounts.

I must also give due mention to Banana for attempting to spring a surprise dinner celebration for me, even going to the extent of getting my fren (who is not from the company) to msg me to ask me out. It didn't cross my mind that the organiser will be Banana. Truly. Yes, i was a tad disappointed that it didn't materialise, but hey it's the thot that counts.

On Fri, I did the following: ktving, had high tea, shopped at Robinsons sale, people-watch while having fast food (felt like we were in a fishtank). Nothing extraordinary, but I was happy. No burden, sadness, although there was still that tinge of hope.

On Sat, had sushi buffet. It's incredibly worth it, I think. Can sit and eat from 12-5.30pm (if you have the time), and everything below $4.90 can be ordered. This will of cos include sashimi (best!), oysters and scallops. The best part is it's only around $24. Watched Da Vinci Code after that (bad choice, but we were caught in the hype also. Fell asleep for around 10 mins, I think.) Think the best part of the show came not from the show, but from the fact that when I bought the movie tickets, the staff said to be sure to bring our ICs later. So I asked for what? And her answer is....NC16 mah! Wah!!! I was so happy, especially since that day was my bdae, so I scored another 1st for aging negatively!

Proceeded on to a dessert place where my fren's blatent attempt to attract the mgr caught my eye, so the surprise there fell flat. Apparently she went to the dessert place before the movie to arrange things. Unfortunately, the mgr cmi, so I discovered that surprise before it materialised, BUT I did try to play along.

Btw, YLF's acting skill is quite gd. She had me believing that they bought a top for me, until I opened it on Sun. It was a bag...unbelievable. Still can't believe i got hoodwinked.

For some reason, there were so many surprises planned for me this year. I don't think I am exactly an easy person to trick, so I am still grateful to everyone for bothering to attempt the surprise.

I made the same wish for both cakes eaten. I am not sure if things will materialise. At a min, let me be superficial and put it on record that I hope that I age only by numbers, but not on my face and skin! Haha..

In other news, I may be going on a leisure trip overseas for the 1st time with my frens. Not sure if it will work, but hey, the fact that I am even considering it is a major step in the right direction. I won't even consider going overseas with some frens, so it just shows the comfort level I am at with this grp of pple. Thanks for being there with me. =)

* PS: RSPVH pple, how about a get-tog on 10th, 17th or 24th Jun?

2 Comments:

At 11:07 am, Blogger orderin said...

happy belated birthday =)
your bday celebrations sounds relaxing and wonderful...
n negative ageing... they should make you the spokesperson for la mer!

 
At 1:58 pm, Blogger Belief in Life said...

Haha..thks! =)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home