Believe in Life

Monday, May 08, 2006

Saturday

Last Saturday was an exciting day for me. I participated in an event which I may never get another chance to participate in in future (if all goes well).

Let's just say that working a 15-hr day is really bad...especially when the weather is so hot and humid, although it did rain in between. People can be so irritating sometimes as well...You can spot those dissenters from a mile away.

I had people telling me not to speak to them in Chinese as well as those who insisted that the other queues were empty and hence, they should be allowed to join the other queues. On the other hand, I had those KPOs asking me about who I was and where I am working at, as well as how much I am getting for the day's work.

I got to see people that I will otherwise not meet in daily life e.g. celebrities. I didn't meet anyone THAT fantastically famous, but I guess it's alright for my standard.

I guess it was actually a non-event, but taking a proactive part in the event this time around makes me think deeper. I mean, is it a crime to be disinterested in the state of things? Perhaps I am being nonchalent, but I truly feel that the underdog should be given a chance, especially when I see the bullying ways of the champion. In addition, another phrase I will like to raise is 'I may be poor, but I am poor with backbone'. Thus, those threats and lures aren't anything if everyone shares such a principle.

That said, humans being creatures of habit and comfort may say the above, yet commit exactly the opposite. That's life isn't it?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home