Believe in Life

Thursday, February 16, 2006

Love is a Decision

Published in today's Today - 'Love is not a feeling, but a constant decision that we make. Love demands that we choose each other constantly despite coming across alternatives.'

That is so true...in the case of a family, we are born into it and thus, cannot dictate who we want as our parents/siblings/relatives. But for lovers, no one can stop us from jumping from one partner to another whenever one starts feeling bored with the old.

For 2 people of different backgrounds and families with no linkage whatsoever to be able to set up a family must be like the greatest gift fate/god can bestow. But for it to be able to last through the years, the good and the bad, really boils down to determination and conviction from the 2 parties to weather through the ups and downs of a person's life.

This is beyond mere infatuation or liking. True love is about acceptance and the willingness to suffer together if the need arises. Perhaps I am not ready for true love, since I have always been saying that 2 persons together should mean a higher standard of life or at the very least, the same standard of life - if not, I will be better off as a single. Perhaps I have never trusted anyone enough to be able to say with conviction that I do not mind his flaws or to suffer with him, as long as we are together. I guess I am more Bread than Love. But then again, Love is a Decision, not merely a feeling.

I haven't been posting much on my work...I wonder why. =)

1 Comments:

At 6:27 pm, Blogger Belief in Life said...

Agree with you. Being able to accept kopitiam roti after being together is also about making the decision to be content and consciously lowering expectation.
It's about making the decision to continue staying in love despite the odds.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home