Believe in Life

Tuesday, February 14, 2006

It has been a while since I updated my blog. Some random thoughts:

In the recent Sunday Times, Straits Time polled the public on whether Singaporean females are cheapskates. Only 1 man out of the 10 interviewed felt that the female should foot the bill on the 1st date => I can't help but think if the guy mentioned in the post before was the one being interviewed. Ha!

My MSN nick still shows 'Moving on'. A fren asked if I had moved on. My tentative answer is yes, but making a slow start.

Another fren reassured me that I am not that lousy. It was just my luck to meet THAT sort of guy. Everybody (includes guys and gals) has expressed disbelief at the behaviour of that fellow.

Thinking over it, it may not be my fault. Maybe my colleague didn't know his fren would exhibit THAT kind of behaviour. I should have more confidence in myself.

BUT after saying all that and more, I guess I will never place any belief in such blind dates or dates organised by those dating agencies out there. I may be too quick to judge, but I guess I shall rely on myself more.

More than ever, I think it boils down to fate. I bumped into my ex's best fren and gf lately. For some reason, I made a quick escape before they spotted me. Maybe I felt ashamed that they were still together whereas I have stayed by my lonesome self.

However, there was some good served. I have decided once and for all that I will never ever stoop so low again. I did not break up with my ex, only to settle for someone even lousier. Truth be told, my ex was/is a nice guy. If not for certain extenuating factors that we couldn't have solved, I guess we may still be together just like his best fren.

I may be getting older as the years passed, but hey, it's my life. I have the right to pick and choose till I am happy with my choice. If I should stay single, at least I take comfort that it is my choice that brought me here. I am definitely not that undesirable (I hope!).

'Physical deficiency' aside, I guess I am much more interesting than alot of other gals. I may be headstrong, but deep inside, I am just another gal seeking for love and acceptance. Besides, my flaw really isn't that bad - just need to find a guy with a big accepting heart.

Happy Frenship Day!

1 Comments:

At 6:29 pm, Blogger Belief in Life said...

That's private information, which is really none of your concern.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home