Believe in Life

Thursday, February 23, 2006

Ever Felt Excluded?

In today's Today, writer Jeremy Lim wrote an article on "Do you feel that Singapore is an inclusive society?"

He mentioned that he did not feel excluded because he knows his limitations and does not expect the community to "sacrifice" everything to accommodate him.

Perhaps I should also learn to accept that I can only fit in by adapting to circumstances and that I will only participate in all activities within my capability.

I guess many people don't see my disability but my ability. It is only myself who tend to notice only my disability. Actually, I should not even call it a disability, but an inconvenience. After all, I still play and work like a normal person.

He reminded that in life, many people without disability are also discriminated against. So yah, I can and am leading a normal life...why then do I feel that I am still lacking something?

Humans are just never satisfied. I guess I am still seeking acceptance in the eyes of my special someone.

1 Comments:

At 8:38 am, Blogger Belief in Life said...

Do you know me? How do you know if it's 'apt' or not?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home