Believe in Life

Saturday, November 05, 2005

I wonder why most of my conversations with friends and alot of my posts revolve around the topic of love and suitors (or the lack thereof).

Is it due to our age? But we aren't that old yet. Or maybe there's nothing else to talk about other than work, and no one wants to talk about work after work. Honestly speaking, I don't feel like I am someone who will die without love or a companion by my side. I am not advocating females to remain single, but I am also not a strong believer that everyone should procreate to contribute back to society (I am not kidding. My colleague tells me that it is all our duty to procreate!)

I have been told by older (and wiser?) colleagues that I will start getting worried when I hear my biological clock ticking away with increasing intensity, so I had better lower my standards now while I have youth to bank on still, else it will be too late. I wonder if that's true. The funny thing is if I search within myself now, I think I can live with being alone. I am no longer the teenage gal of 17-18 yrs, who swear by and breathe love in everything she sees or does. Love isn't the essence of life. Instead, belief in oneself and confidence that emanates from within may be better contributors of happiness...to me, at least.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home