Believe in Life

Sunday, October 02, 2005

My Life in the Past Week (26 - 30 Sep)

Monday: On course(see blog entry below). Managed to cut my hair and visit a part of Singapore that I rarely see. Enjoyed a hearty meal of curry fish head near Changi Beach.

Tuesday: Madness at work. Lots of things to clear. Boss wanted a contract to be signed by the end of the day. Panic attack due to that. (Luckily, I wriggled my way out because we discovered that it isn't cost-effective to sign the contract and immediately incur the costs.)

Wednesday: My boss shouted at me. As in literally yelled, to the extent that everyone was looking. Although she wasn't scolding me, I still felt abit buay song.

Thursday: I got really angry with one of my staff. I felt, and still feel that he can do much more. I literally told him that he better buck up, if not he may not get offered the position. (To clarify, he's a temp staff now, while waiting to be converted to perm.)

Friday: Healthy Lifestyle in the afternoon meant that I left work at 2.30pm for bowling and ktv session. Because bowling started at 1.30pm, I missed out on the bowling, although I managed to exercise my vocals.

Everything ended by 5pm, so I went to visit my ex-colleagues. I was very early for my gathering with another group of friends in the Tanjong Pagar area at 7pm.

Talked to my ex-colleagues and discovered quite a number of startling facts! I also learnt that I have already missed 7 timesheets to date! Haha..

Dinner Buffet at Pasta Mania (tri-concept restaurant) at CPF Building costs only $12 nett!! No drinks, but water is free, and a huge jug of soft drink only costs $3.50. Only on weekdays though. Quite worth it, I think. The brownie was good!! Pizza and pasta too! Stir-fried beef too..(Better stop, if not I sound like a glutton.)

1 Comments:

At 5:04 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said...

it's not smart to get angry with your sub-ordinates before you establish yourself at the workplace, i.e. people respect your capability and who you are, or if you are much higher rank than the rest.

practice control and patience.

silver serpents are not the most intelligent of people. the silver service is a very lean machine, and the best are usually deployed to where it matters most [where is most? your guess is as good as mine.]

do your job, do it well, and live and let live. if they're not performing, encourage them. talk to them about how to improve. if they're adamant, penalise them at the end of the year during performance ranking. it's purely professional.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home