Believe in Life

Sunday, August 28, 2005

Counting My Blessings

Busy at work. I bet no one will believe that I actually worked till 10pm on Friday night (without dinner). The truth is that I might hv worked even beyond that, except that I was getting the creeps cos I kept hearing radio sounds, but no one else was around on my floor. I was too busy to think about the reason behind it, so well, fear can only get the better of us if we allow it to.

The most remarkable thing is that I act worked till 4am at home on sat night/early sunday morn! I have no idea why I am so busy act, since it is a general consensus that govt servants generally knock off on time and do not bring work home, since there must (supposedly) be work-life balance. Not in my case apparently.

Work aside, I am enjoying life more. Not in terms of any tangible benefits, but in terms of liking life for what it brings to me. Being able to ktv with my friends, chatting over dinner - small pleasures of life. Perhaps people get so upset/depressed with life because we keep thinking about what we could have or what we want, failing to cherish or notice what we already have. Why should we make ourselves so unhappy?

I have realised that:

1. I need not be brave all the time. I can admit that I am not as good because this is what being human is all about

2. If I can open my heart and accept help, I will definitely be much happier. Perhaps I should thank my experience at OBS for enlightening me. I am not sure to what extent I can practise this, but certainly there is no end to comparison.

3. I can have less self-pride and fight my inner demons less.

4. I can align myself with my fears to help me further myself. If the people around me aren't willing to accept me or look upon me in a different light, so be it. I do not owe them a living, but I certainly do not want to enclose myself and wallow in self-created misery.

5. I want to live each day as a brand new experience. Only I have the power to cause myself to worry and be sad. I shall not be a worrier.

The above being said, I do not know if this self-created state of satisfaction is long-lasting, but at least I am finding that I can laugh despite being being very busy at work. This is really something new to me!

Sth new for everyone to participate in. My friends and I are in search of the ULTIMATE romantic song. Everyone has personal favourites, but some of the generally accepted songs are (according to my personal pref):

1. Forgot the song title, but it's the one of the songs in Shou Sheng Nan Nu by Sammi Cheng
2. Forever Love - Wan Li Hom
3. Dou Jiang You Tiao - Lin Junjie
4. Yong Qi - Liang Jing Ru
5. Ai hen jian dan - Tao Ze
6. Tong Hua - Guang Liang
7. Tian Tan - Guang Liang

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home