Believe in Life

Tuesday, October 04, 2005

Irritation of the highest degree

It isn't easy to manage staff. It takes me great effort to control my temper when I am irritated beyond a certain level.

Giving me work at 5.30pm when we knock off at 6pm and indicating that the documents must be approved by today, sounds to me like someone isn't doing a job. I don't know where the breakdown occurred...may be the divisions or it may be my staff. It's not tt I mind working late, but there should be a limit. Just bcos I work late doesn't mean they should give me work at 5.30pm.

Anyway, the scenario goes like this. I asked in a boi song manner what time the divisions had given the information to Staff A. She looked irritated, and came over and started raising her voice to explain. I mean I am not unreasonable, and the truth is I wld have to work late in any case, but DON'T PUSH MY LIMITS!

What takes the cake is it turns out that she is angry with me now! Hm, so I am not supposed to ask? Sometimes, I think these people think that just bcos I am young and inexperienced, they can ride over me. BLOODY HELL!

Let me show them what I am capable of! Just because I am always smiling and laughing doesn't mean that I take all kinds of shit! Staff A was sorta threatening me, cos she said I can always not approve on that day itself, but reconciliation will be difficult. x*&^$#!@!

Anyway, I can back down on other things, but definitely not this. If she chooses to be angry, I can't help her too, although it will make working together harder.

Staff B is another problematic one. Always reporting for work at 9+am, when the official working hour starts from 8.30am. I talked to her about it, and it worked for all of 1 day!! Either I am very ineffective or she has no tolerance for waking early.

In a nutshell, it's hard to manage staff.

3 Comments:

At 8:43 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said...

how old is Staff A?

 
At 2:18 pm, Blogger Belief in Life said...

Yah, may I know who Anonymous is?

In any case, Staff A is older than me, but that's not saying alot, since everyone is older than me at work. =)

 
At 4:58 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said...

not a spy.

i guess doesn't matter how much older than u is she. important thing is she has to understand who is the boss. i can't stress more on "understand". some of these silver serpents are very pig-headed.

as for staff B, advise her to go back late. clock the required working hours and you close one eye. otherwise jus bring up the matter in a meeting where everyone is around and use peer pressure on her.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home