Believe in Life

Monday, April 17, 2006

My Life

Just completed the whole series of Da Chang Jin over the long weekend. That's 70 episodes in all, and yet I am still hankering for more. I won't mind if there's a Da Chang Jin 2, but of cos it must be of equivalent or better standard (not like Liu Xin Hua Yuan)...

It's a pretty inspiring series. I am no bra-burning feminist, but yes - I see the value in increasing the feminine quotient while still being strong. I guess Da Chang Jin is about remaining true to one's beliefs and values in a trying environment (read: political power struggle).

Maybe there's no real need to go into all that, because frankly I am beginning to believe in what my mum always says: Heaven takes care of those who may be slower/stupider. In other words, fate has a way of working out. If it's meant to be, it's meant to be. And no, I don't think I am being defeatist when I say this. It simply tells me not to worry or think too much over things which I have luttle control over, although thinking may sometimes be deemed necessarily.

Over the long weekend, I went for Qing Ming with my parents. I am not sure if it's the ancestors who awoke this thinking in me, but I am beginning to realise that I am going to be 24 yrs old and yet I am still being physically taken care of by my parents. Sounds bad..if I was born in a 3rd world country, I may even be a mum by now, taking care of the young. Well, I should stop making excuses about being less physically able, cos after all, I should be and am healthier than the rest of my family members by virtue of being the youngest.

It is also in the same vein that I admit that I need someone to take care of me. It may be a sign of weakness (or conversely a sign of maturity), but there is so much I can do only.

In this year of 24, I hope to stay true to myself. If it is my fate, I shall face what may and not shy away from difficult things. I believe that I have the inner strength and beauty to withstand the tests of life. Thank you to all who have helped in one way or another.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home