Believe in Life

Friday, April 28, 2006

Life is a Chore

I know I may frighten many people when I finish with this, but what has transpired this whole week has caused this thinking in me - life is a chore and it doesn't get better.

It seems that no matter what I do, it never is good enough. And the more I work at it, the longer I take to hope to 'perfect' the piece of work, the more mistakes I make due to my over-exhuastion.

I can't help but feel that this is a thankless job. Perhaps I have never screwed up that badly before (actually, let me assure all of you that it isn't that bad. It's just bad in my personal context.), but now that I have, I discovered that I have lost confidence in my work performance. I discovered yesterday that I did not dare to send emails/documents that I will have normally not bat an eyelid or raise an eyebrow at.

Perhaps it's my mind playing with me again. Maybe I am thinking in the worst case scenario - all the repercussions that may occur, which may not happen.

Then again, I am told by my fren who is also born in the year of the Dog that it just isn't a good year for us Dogs. I hope so.

I can't take any more of such things if they continue aggravating.

3 Comments:

At 10:29 am, Blogger XY said...

Jobs are thankless.. I think same goes for most people (not like my students will thank me..) But I feel that in life there are many things we can be thankful for... My family, my friends, and, at least, a decent payslip.... :P

Life is not that bad lah...

 
At 9:36 pm, Blogger busy_muggle said...

hey gal... its time the bunch of us seniors met up for a gathering... Take care...I think yr blogs are always rather thought-provoking and the blogs always make me reflect abt what I want in life!!! - Pearly

 
At 7:19 pm, Blogger Belief in Life said...

Heh..it was just on the spur of the moment tingie..no worries. Everything is fine after the long wkend. =)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home