Believe in Life

Friday, November 18, 2005

All-inclusive Singapore

I was talking to a fren's fren the other dae, and i think that I live and associate with a very protected part of the Singapore society.

This gal is 19 yrs old (younger than me), and has a bf who is an up and coming gang leader. He has been caught for gang rioting before and has already been in and out of Boys' Home at 17 yrs old. Btw, he's younger than her.

He's an Eurasian and they have been together for 2+ yrs. They met outside a Cheers store at 3am. She was actually together with another of his frens (who was part of the gang outside Cheers at 3am), but they lasted all of 10 days.

He asked her to be his gf repeatedly. On his 2nd or 3rd coincidental meeting with her, he asked her younger brother if he will like him to be his jiejie's bf. How ah-bengish romantic is tt!!

Aniwae, he has two-timed or three-timed her before, and yet she waited for him to be released from Boys' Home. She cried buckets apparently, and her mother protested her involvement with such a guy. She herself admits tt she doesn't see him most of the time, and 'you nan peng you, geng mei nan peng you, dou yi yang' (hving a bf or not is the same).

I asked her if she sees any future with him. She answered 'Bu zhi dao. (I don't know.)'

I wonder if I am just a prude or more mature than her. I can't even imagine being frens with such a guy! Maybe tt's y I am still single..i think too much.

2 Comments:

At 7:16 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said...

u're not thinking too much la...i don think i can imagine having a bf like that...mebbe as an aquaintance it be fun? ha i don know...JH

 
At 7:45 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said...

good that you signed off as JH, so that people won't think that you're me.

i went drinking at Devil's Bar last night. there was this girl. she claimed that she's older than me. very very good drinker. from my friends, she has a husband and 2 kids. yet she flirts around with the guys at Devil's, and who knows what else she does.

is she unfaithful? is she a slut? is she an uncaring mom?

i only feel sad for her. she will have her own story that will bring buckets of tears out of you and me. likewise the girl who likes the ah beng has her own story to share. they just live differently from you and me, because they're who they are.

is that being less mature or less responsible?

who are we to pre-judge?

who are we to judge?

who are we anyway? another clone in the Matrix?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home