Believe in Life

Sunday, August 14, 2005

Times flies...The Singapore Idol Week

The past 7 days flew by me. I didn't even realise that it has been a whole week since I posted an entry.

Have I been too busy? Hardly..but was I free? Not exactly true too.

More than ever, I realised how easy it is to lose myself in activities...activities that may or may not be what I want to pursue. But then again, it is a delicate balance that I have to keep, since these activities are spent together with friends.

Enough of these perplexing thoughts...I shall recap my week in brief:

Mon, 8 Aug - National Day Eve

There was an event in the morning. Was deeply impressed with the VIP. Released balloons into the air. Felt that it was quite romantic. Maybe I should add that to the list of My Dream Wedding. All my guests will be given a balloon each and we will release the balloons together into the air. The balloons can be silver and blue..what a pretty sight.

Went to marina south at night after working OT till 7+pm. caught the free concert (with stars like 183, Kone, Machi etc) and fireworks display. Never been to such a big-scale party b4, cos i never really thought much of such activities. But somehow, i think i sorta enjoyed that night. A pity that there were only 2 of us. Reached home really late that night (mrt was extended till 2.20am).

Tue, 9 Aug - National Day

Went to Jurong East to catch friends' performance. Most memorable part of the day wasn't their performance (heh!) It was when i took a photo with Sylvester!!! Yes, the Singapore Idol guy - Sly! In the flesh!! He even high-fived me!! I will post the photo up shortly once i get hold of it ( I sure hope it turns out good!!) We saw Sly hugging Daphne, but it's those kind of hug between friends.

Wed, 10 Aug

Went back to my main office after lunch today. Decided that i wasn't gg back to my office, even though it was 4+pm only. So i loitered and delayed until 5.30. But I was finding out information to aid me in my work, so it wasn't a total waste of time.

Met my sec sch classmates for dinner. Happy to find that everyone looks and behaves fairly the same. 3nd Singapore Idol encounter for the week - we met Daphne (again. I wondered aloud if she will remember me from the day before)at PS Ichiban Boshi. She wasn't the outstanding one. But she was with this shuai guy. We wanted to compliment her on her performance in Shooting Stars.

Thurs, 11 Aug

I spent the 1st half of my day at Hotel Intercontinental! Had a seminar there. The good part was the buffet lunch at Olive Tree. I am impressed by my organisation more and more.

Fri, 12 Aug

Worked till 8+pm, trying to pass many e-learning tests to enable me to be the approving officer/supervisor watever for many systems. I kept failing one, until I decided to give up. My score was getting from bad to worse.

Sat, 13 Aug

Caught Charlie and The Chocolate Factory. I thought the movie was quite good, but my friends thought otherwise. Maybe the kid in me recognise and secretly hope for such a paradise/fantasy world. The storyline seems different from the Roald Dahl book though.

Sun, 14 Aug

Photo-taking with the Gang at Chijmes. 3 different faculties meant tt the colours were very pretty. The backdrop was also very scenic. But it was very hot. It might have been even worse if it had not rained, so i guess we should count our blessings.

Think tt Chijmes is really a gd place to take photos. Will like to go there at night to one of the cafes/eateries just to soak in the atmosphere.

There you have it! One whole week of activities!

The coming week will be even more xiong, cos I am headed for Outward Bound School! *gasp*

1 Comments:

At 11:13 am, Blogger orderin said...

i was just going to comment how you have been mia-ing... have fun in obs!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home