Believe in Life

Wednesday, June 22, 2005

(Not) Growing Up

In line with Aki's latest blog post, i wanted to add my thoughts and feelings about entering this new phase of our lives.

unlike most of u, i can be said to hv entered tis new phase since a yr ago. however, i do not feel any more adjusted than u pple.

perhaps it is due to my path deviating from most pple i noe in Accts. tis may or may not b a gd ting. i noe i hv mentioned time n again tt i m not gg to allow myself to compare, cos after all, once we start comparing, there's no end to tis bottomless pit. in any case, yah, there's tis feeling of uncertainty for the path i m on.

humans do not like changes. or at least i dun. entering my 4th dae at work n yet i do not feel reassured of the road tt lies ahead. but then again, nobody wld ever really noe wat lies ahead cos tt's the future.

life's about managing ourselves more than others. managing our expectations on our lives; coping with changes tt may or may not b expected; taking watever hand tt fate deals us in our stride.

perspective is imp, but tt doesn't mean tt one can b brave ALL the time. never in my life hv i felt so uncertain..to copy the title from Britney Spear's song: I m not a girl, not yet a woman.

tis may b ridiculous, considering my age. but then again, it's not about the quantifiable age.

yes, i may hv been too sheltered and protected my whole life tt i m now reluctant to leave the cocoon n brave the world and its elements.

but i dun hv much of a choice do i? i can only take comfort tt tings can only get better. n even if they dun, i shall chalk it all up at life's experiences.

n thru it all, i m most consoled tt i hv a gang of gd frens to accompany me on tis life's journey, to grow up with me tog, to accept me for who i m, to help me thru my struggles, who wld never judge me for the person tt i m not.

So yah, let's grow up tog! =)

1 Comments:

At 11:13 am, Blogger spie_dee said...

i think growing up is a process, it's not like you wake up one day and find out you're an adult or some sort..in a certain way each and every one of us has "grown" but in other aspect there is still that little kid inside wanting to play..right?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home