Believe in Life

Thursday, December 02, 2004

The Day After

SLY lost...

In case any of you weren't on Planet Singapore yesterdae night, that is the devastating result at the end of Singapore Idol Season 1.

However, i must agree that Taufik winning, means we have a more presentable Idol on the World Idol platform. However, if we were to tok about an Idol who appeals to Singaporeans, ie. an Idol with a distinctly Singaporean feel, that is definitely Sylvester without any doubts!

Aniwae, like wat i was telling my colleagues (repeatedly, since so many came over to ask me if i m sad tt Sly lost), American Idol runner-up, Clay Aiken, eventually sold more albums than the winner, Ruben. So well, winning isn't everything?

N i must admit i hv gone alittle irrational, since i agree with everyone tt Taufik sang marvellously last nite, yet i persist in supporting Sly. Y? i even wasted $1 in the process. (though not much, it was the 1st time i voted.)

The show yesterdae was act quite moving at times, much to my surprise. i even suddenly felt patriotic, as i saw the eager and enthu people in the stadium, n esp when Taufik n Sly were singing I Dream.

Btw, tink tt song can b for the next Ms World. How apt..'regardless of colour of skin', or 'rich or poor'.

Enuff of idol (idle) tok...finding tt i really dun hv much to write, since my life really revolves around work, n not much is happening at work nowadaes.

1 Comments:

At 2:36 am, Blogger  said...

Hey same here same here I'm so glad someone felt patriotic also, I thought I was going mad! It's very moving how everyone was so involved in this whole idol thing isn't it? It's like this momentous time in Singapore history and all even the President was there. I was telling Jac it felt like National Day celebration and I was almost moved to tears. Heh, I spent $2 lor, but was equally spread out for both of them so what's the point right since I cancelled out my own votes haha!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home